Posted by Decapitated Dan |

Green Wake #3 – Review



Issue: Green Wake #3
Writer: Kurtis Wiebe
Artist: Riley Rossmo
Publisher: Image
Release Date: June 2011
Pages: 28
Price: $3.50

“A deformed creature stalks the dark alleys of Green Wake in search of the murderer, its motivations unclear. With the lead suspect in danger of disappearing, Morley stumbles upon a resident who bestows upon him a powerful vision, unlocking a grisly glimpse into a series of events that could change his life forever.”

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5
There are times when you start to review a title again and again where it seems like your words just become repetitive, but let’s make one thing clear Rossmo has such control over this story that it deserves repeating. Personally I found this to be a very dark issue in terms of colors, minus the “vision” scene. There was an emotionally draining flashback scene done in sepia tones, and I think that helped lead to just the over all gloomy feeling I got from this issue visually. Another amazing issue.

Story: 4.5 out of 5
Alright Wiebe it is time to throw down! Each month I read an issue of Green Wake and each month I am more lost in the mystery than I was when I started. Honestly this book is blowing my mind, because I just keep getting hints of the what might be going on before, I am given something else to try to sit on for another month. There are two main story building concepts at work here. One is that we are being told the main story and it’s engaging at every turn. The second thing is that the entire new realm is being shown to me and in doing so, I need more answers once this story line is done. So basically this needs to be ongoing as of right now.

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
Since I read issue #1 of this series I have known one small little thing, this series is the __________. How’s that for a mystery! See I can do it too Kurtis and Riley. When all is said and done I have no doubt I am going to be singing the praises of this first storyline for years to come. It is nothing short of stunning and it’s very easy to say it needs to be on your pull list. Go back , get the first 2 issues read this one and you can join me at the party.


If you would like to buy or know more about Green Wake you can find it at http://greenwakecomic.com/