Posted by Decapitated Dan |

The Sixth Gun Vol. 2 – Review



Issue: The Sixth Gun Vol. 2
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Brian Hurtt
Publisher: Oni Press
Release Date: 2011
Pages: 160
Price: $19.99

“In the aftermath of the tragic battle of the Maw, Drake and company hide in the sprawling city of New Orleans. But as they plot their next move, they find themselves embroiled in another harrowing adventure. Unexpected threats, new enemies, and a host of strange spirits are already aligning against them.”

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
Oh you stupid man Dan! How can you go so long and still not be caught up with this AMAZING series! Sadly folks I am behind and reading this one in trade form, but I have to tell you, I think it is something that you can’t pass up any longer. The artwork in this series is just GORE-Geous, surprisingly minus the gore. This trade takes place in the grand city of New Orleans, as we catch up with the crew as they try to understand more about the guns. Hurtt does a fantastic job of capturing the Crescent City and surroundings. The swamps are spooky, the graveyards are grotesque and the man draws a damn fine alligator. I have a soft spot for alligators in comics. The story itself has many intense moments followed up by some great slow points. Bunn has such an ear for the dialogue, nothing seems out-of-place. This book is just so damn addicting. I can not wait for the day I see this translated to the big/small screen, and I know it will happen. Mixing supernatural and western elements has been done before but not on this level. When I get caught up on the trades, I will be going back and getting the single issues. This is easily one of the best books on the shelves right now. I honestly can’t see who it wouldn’t appeal to.

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5 • Story: 4.5 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about The Sixth Gun you can find it at http://www.onipress.com