Posted by Decapitated Dan |

El Bigote #0 - Review





Issue: El Bigote #0
Writer: Matthew Mclaughlin
Artist: El Chivo
Publisher: Tekilla Comix
Release Date: May 2012

“Living-dead banditos and skeletal gunfighters, ghostly Federales and ghoulish Conquistadores, cannibalistic muertoads and spectral sessquatches prowl Mexico’s haunted prairies – and its up to undead mustachio-quillslinger El Bigote to put them back in their tequila worm-graves!”

Dying Breath: 4.0 out of 5

Yee Haw Cowboys! El Bigote is here to save us from the undead side of Western Hell! The artwork in this issue is fantastic. Chivo has a great style that fits perfectly in both the Horror and Western genres. I really enjoyed his GORE-Geous characters and how great they looked from panel to panel. And those Tekilla Worms were amazing. The story is very original and mixes elements of both English and Spanish culture. The issue takes place on the undead side of life, picture limbo or hell if you will. So I can’t wait to see if these characters can actually stay dead, I know it was hinted at within the story. Mclaughlin dis a great job on the dialogue, but at times I did have to go get the Spanish to English dictionary out. No matter how I look at it, this issue was a blast. I enjoyed it from start to finish and I can not wait to get more in front of my horror loving eyes. Great stuff, now pass the Tekilla!

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5 • Story: 4.0 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about El Bigote you can find it at http://elbigotequillpower.blogspot.com/