Posted by Decapitated Dan |

End Times #1 - Review





Issue: End Times #1
Writers: Jeff Edmond, Vin Davis, Charles Anthony
Artist: Vin Davis
Price: $5.95

“Premier collectors issue!”

Dying Breath: 4.0 out of 5
Yes, my favorite printing style for horror comics is magazine sized, and End Times #1 knows that, so lets put a +1 in the positives column right off the bat! What this issue brings to the table is a great sense of horror comic nostalgia, mixed with some great modern tales. Now I throw in the nostalgia line because of the way this book is presented in terms of printing, and because of the overall feeling I got while reading it. The stories are a good mix of Creepy and Eerie styled themes, mixing both horror and sci-fi genres throughout. The artwork is consistent throughout, but at times I didn’t care too much for the shading styles. I kind of felt that the grey’s took away from the great line work. But that is me being nit-picky. The stories are fantastic. My favorite had to be “De-Cap-Puc-Cino”, because of the overall presentation. Davis did a great job on drawing that entire cast, and the story by Edmond was funny and creepy. Overall, this is a great first issue from this bunch. It has room to move forward with future issues, and I will only expect it to get better and better. It is easy for me to tell you to pick this one up and check it out, because I had a great time reading it.

Artwork: 4.0 out of 5 • Story: 4.0 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about End Times you can find it at http://www.horrorgeddoncomics.com