Posted by Decapitated Dan |

The Lovecraft Anthology: Volume 2



Issue: The Lovecraft Anthology: Volume 2
Writers: Various
Artist: Various
Publisher: SelfMade Hero
Release Date: October 2012
Price: $19.95

"A graphic anthology of tales from the renowned master of the eerie. Building on the success of the first volume, it showcases the talents of a new roster of adapters and artists. The anthology includes reflections on the terrible power of art in 'Pickman's Model' and 'The Picture in the House', the ghoulish grave robbing of 'The Hound' and the otherworldly monstrosities which come 'From Beyond'. This collection reveals the nightmare worlds of Lovecraft's imagination, exploring themes of forbidden knowledge and insanity in tale after tale of unsettling horror."

Dying Breath: 4.5 out of 5
I have row emit that I am enjoying more and more Lovecraft material these days. I do still consider myself to be a newbie though. This collection contains 9 amazing stories guarantee to give you the chills. Every single story has GORE-Geously stunning and unique artwork. No two stories really look alike. Of course I have to mention that two of my all time favorite artists can be found here, Steve Pugh and Bryan Baugh. I honestly feel that every artist was able to capture the horror of their stories. Speaking of the stories, these are some really creepy and out there tales. One thing that always scares me when reading a Lovecraft adaptation is that I might not get it right away. Yes that happened on two of these stories, but it didn't take anything away from the overall read. If anything it lends itself to how well they are written. With stories from the amazing Jamie Delano, Pat Mills and Dwight Macpherson, this book really seems to have it all. Okay, so I know you want to know which stories I liked the best, so my top thee are going to be "The Festival", "The Hound" and "Pickman's Model". Every story in the book is great. I think if you are looking to start reading some Lovecraft comics this is a safe pickup. I also think that if you are a Lovecraft fan then this is perfect for you as well. Needless to say this collection is fantastic, and it should be in your horror collection already. So now that you know, go buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Artwork: 4.5 out of 5 • Story: 4.5 out of 5

If you would like to buy or know more about The Lovecraft Anthology: Volume 2 you can find it at http://www.selfmadehero.com/