Posted by Decapitated Dan |

Creepy Critique: Bramble OGN


Bramble OGN (Humanoids)


I think I can sum up this review within this first sentence... GO READ BRAMBLE!

Holy Hell people, this book was jaw dropping on all levels. The artwork by Nesmo is GORE-Geous. The angles used, mixed with the way the action scenes were depicted, oh baby it was perfect. The artwork has a real animation feel to it, and at times I felt like I was watching a movie and not reading a comic. The panels just kept one upping each other as the book went on. So much detail in the characters and backgrounds, made my eyes melt. The imagination to come up with the “real view” of the world is outstanding as well. Just to sum up that artwork again... GORE-Geous!

The story by Jean-David Morvan is beyond engaging. I was hooked instantly by this world. The story is a great mix of Horror, Steampunk and Sci-Fi. The tale itself is one with a much larger message or what the world can become if humankind gets out of hand with industry as well.

The pacing is perfect, and again i go back to what I said about the book feeling like a movie. Plenty of action scenes perfectly in balance with slow building moments. The characters are given great back-story, as the story moves forward, and I came to fall in love with them all.

Oh how I just want to type, Read It, over and over again and hope that maybe somewhere around the fifth time you take those words in you buy this book. This is going to be up there on my list of Best OGN’s for the rest of my days. I want more, and I think more story can be told here. For now though, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to read this, and now share my thoughts with you. Humanoids delivers a perfect read once again, so what are you waiting for? YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!

Dying Breath 5.0 out of 5.0