Posted by Decapitated Dan |

Tread Tracks: Black Crown Initiate & Reap

Every week I jump on the treadmill and throw on a new album or 2 to listen to,
so I figured why not share my thoughts on it!
*Please note, I am not a music reviewer, just a Metal Lover sharing his opinion on these albums. 
_______________________________________

Black Crown Initiate
The Wreckage of Stars
Label: Entertainment One Music
Release Date: Sep. 2014
Web: https://www.facebook.com/BlackCrownInitiate

It feels like I have been waiting months for this Album to come out and it is FINALLY HERE! Right out of the gate I was floored by "A Great Mistake". This song has so much power in it, and it builds at the start, which just happens to make that treadmill start a little more enjoyable. My pace built up with the track. I actually think that this track alone is probably the most intense build up track since I heard Behemoth's "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel"earlier this year. As the album goes on it just got more enjoyable to me. BCI mixes styles up so well. There are tracks that are brutal from start to finish, never slowing down and adding in the harmonic vocals. Then there are tracks, like "Withering Waves", where you get a mix of styles. From start to finish, this album destroyed me on the treadmill. It was perfect for keeping up a great pace, and I made the daily run fly by. I think it's a safe bet that this will be on my Top 10 Albums of the Year list.

Top 3 Tracks: "A Great Mistake", "This Human Lie Manifest", "Shape's Collapse"
Dying Breath: 9/10
_______________________________________

Reap
Neckbreak Hotel
Label: Noisehead Records
Release Date: Sep. 2014

I'm not the biggest fan of Thrash Metal. I think in terms of tempo and beat it is perfect for running, but the vocals always throw me off. So when I had a chance to check out Neckbreak Hotel, it intrigued me to see that is was listed as Thrash/Death Metal. I figured win/win on this one because I was going to get vocals that I would like, and guess what... I did. The first track, "Neckbreak Hotel" was a great start. The tempo was perfect, the vocals were brutal, and I knew I was in for some damn good music. "Sequel of Hate" and "Sloth" were perfect follow up songs, but then when I got to "Circus" I was starting to lose the good vibe I was getting from this album. From there the songs became a little more hit and miss for me. "Pythagoras" was probably my favorite track on the album followed closely by "The Burgeoning". Overall I liked my first listening to Reap, and would easily come back to check out more from them. I've been trying to figure out all day today who they sound like and I think I finally got it figured out, a mix of Hatebreed and Sepultura (Max days).

Top 3 Tracks: "Pythagoras", "The Burgeoning", "B.T.K."
Dying Breath: 7.5/10